- Applicants need to know the swimmers' swimming ability in order to select the appropriate swimming courses.
- Applicants can refer to the "About Swimming Course" on the website to know more about the swimming course structure.
- Please read the "Terms and Conditions", "Enrolment Procedures", "Enrolment Q&A" and "Students Guideline Q&A" on the website. The above information can also be found in the Paper Application Form.
- If applicants are using the Paper Application Form, please fill in the required information and prepare the payment in accordance with the accepted payment methods (For cheque payment, please refer to the requirement listed in the "Enrolment Procedures" carefully).
- Applicants who applied online can download and print the payment receipts. If applicants are using Paper Application Form, please indicate the need for payment receipt and provide sufficient postage and return envelope.
- As the coach teaches the students according to the "10 Level Swimming Progress Chart", the Club would like to advise applicants to apply the whole course.
- The application is subject to the application status and quota for each course, there is no guarantee to applicants that they can apply successfully after the course started.
- If the Club accepts such applications, the students must pay the full cost of the courses.
- The swimming courses are suitable for applicants from new learners to who have a certain swimming ability.
- The swimming courses are divided into a number of categories to cater for students aged 2 to 16 or above, and teach appropriate swimming techniques in accordance with the "10 Level Swimming Progress Chart".
- Any successful application unless the course is cancelled, or the coach suggests to change course according to the students' ability, students cannot change the course for any reason.
- No fees will be refunded unless the course is full or cancelled.
- The student places or the fees paid will not be transferable to other persons.
- Nowadays, there are more indoor heated swimming pools than the past, and the pools provide excellent facilities for swimmers. Swimming has also become a sport of all seasons. Therefore, learning to swim is not only possible in the summer.
- If applicants want to improve swimming techniques, continuous training is a must. All swimming courses are held throughout the year so that those who wish to improve their swimming ability can have a chance to continue their training.
- The Club will collect a fee of HKD 25 from students enrolled in the Swimming Team Prep Course for the purchase of the first swim cap. The Club will provide one swim cap for each new student in all swimming courses free of charge.
- Except for students in the Swimming Team Pre Course, all students may replace worn out swim caps with a new one free of charge (Not applicable to man-made damages).
- All students in swimming courses have to pay HKD 20 for the replacement of a lost swim cap (HKD 25 for students in Swimming Team Pre Courses and Four Style Improvement Courses).
- Parents or guardians are required to enter the public swimming pool at their own expense (if swimming courses are held at public swimming pool breaks, parents or guardians are not allowed to enter the pool).
- If students wish to apply for a swimming certificate, HKD 30 administration fee will be charged, and students should collect the certificate at the swimming pool or in the Club office by person. If students choose to collect the certificate by mail, HKD 50 additional adminstration fee will be charged, and the procedure will take two weeks.
- Any confirmed refund, except refunds are made in the event of a decesion to cancel the swimming courses, HKD 100 administration fee will be charged.
- Applicants who apply online will be notified immediately.
- Applicants who are using Paper Application Form apply for the Children Courses, Nursery and Children Courses, Four Style Improvement Courses, Swimming Team Pre Courses, and Adult Courses will be notified the application results in 3 days before the courses start via SMS.
- Applicants who are using Paper Application Form apply for the Beginners Prep Courses, and Nursery Courses will be notified the application results in 3 days before the courses start via SMS or phone contact.
- If applicants who are using Paper Application Form unable to apply for 1st Preferred Class successfully, the staff will contact the applicants for confirmation of the 2nd Preferred Class or 3rd Preferred Class 3 days before the 1st Preferred Class starts.
- The Club arranges different teacher-student ratio for different course categories. For example, our teacher-student ratio for Beginners Prep Courses is 1 teacher to 2 students; for Children Courses, students who can swim 50M or above is 1 teacher to 6 - 8 students and students who cannot swim 50M is 1 teacher to 4 - 6 students.
- In accordance with more than 27 years of swimming teaching experience, the Club understands the needs of the students and strictly follow the guaranteed teach-student ratio to ensure the operation is running smooth and teaching arrangement is appropriate.
Students can not appoint coaches to teach, if there are any extraordinary circumstances, the Club reserves the right to change the coach, class time, and locations.
If the swimming pool has a "Swimming Pool Parents' Area", parents or guardians can observe the swimming lessons in the area according to the particular swimming pool guidelines and regulations.
Parents or guardians can read the particular swimming pool guidelines and regulations posted in the pool or "Terms and Conditions" on the website.
- The swimming pools are heated swimming pools (except some of the public swimming pools, PLK Siu Hon Sum Primary School swimming pool and Heep Yunn School swimming pool), the water temperature is maintained at 28 to 29 degrees Celsius (the actual water temperature is subject to slight change), suitable for students to learn swimming.
- Some of our swimming pools are indoor heated swimming pools, which can minimize the temperature difference, and will not be affected by rain or outdoor temperature.
- When the lessons end, coaches will arrange for students to put on their own clothes before leading the students into the changing room, reducing the chance of catching a cold.
Apply Leave and Class Cancellation Arrangement
- As the coaches teach swimming according to the "10 Level Swimming Progress Chart", the Club does not suggest students apply for leave, in order to avoid affecting the progress.
- If the student is required to take sick leave, the student must provide a sick leave certificate.
- Students can apply for leave once for every 5 lessons, for example, if a course has 13 lessons, students can apply for leave 2 times, if a course has 8 lessons, then students can apply for leave once.
- There is no make-up lesson is allowed for Swimming Team Prep Courses.
- There is no make-up lesson for the first lesson of all swimming courses.
- Please refer to the "Terms and Conditions" on the website for the details of the above arrangement.
- As the swimming pools do not have any swimming lessons running, our staff may not be stationed in the swimming pool. Therefore, the Club advises that if you are going to the swimming pool, students should return to home as soon as possible to avoid accidents.
- If the students have reached the swimming pools, no matter the staff is still on site or not, the Club will not allow the students to enter the pool deck for safety reasons. Our staff will request the students to leave the swimming pool in a safe condition.
- Coaches teach swimming in accordance with the progress of students, in order to avoid affecting the progress, the Club does not encourage students to leave. If a student is required to apply for leave of absence due to school activities, the student must apply to the Pool Manager or Assistant 14 days in advance (the office will not handle any request for leave), and if necessary, our staff will request the student to provide evidence of relevant leave. The Club will arrange make-up lessons for the student according to the "Terms and Conditions" on the website (for example, student can apply for leave once and request a make-up lesson for every 5 lessons).
- The Club does not accept any ex-leave application. The absence of the lesson will be treated as "absenteeism" and no make-up lesson will be arranged.
* The above arrangement are not applicable to the Jockey Club Learn-to-Swim Programme for Primary Students. For details, please refer to the programme website.
- According to the Government's proposal, all swimming pool participants are required to stay in a safe place, whether in the lesson or not. Young students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to leave the pool area.
- All ongoing swimming lessons will continue if the condition is safe (the coaches have the right to immediately stop the lessons, to ensure student safety). When the lessons end, the coaches will arrange for students to change clothes, and safe to leave. Young students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to leave the pool area.
- Please refer to the "Adverse Weather Arrangement" on the website. As there is not the same of the swimming pool regulations of each swimming pool, so the lessons will be cancelled not only due to Black Rainstorm or Typhoon Signal No.8 is issued.
- The swimming lessons will be resumed after 2 hours (Except for Baptist University International College Shek Mun Campus swimming pool) after the HK Observatory has removed the bad weather signals leading to the suspension of lessons (Details please refer to the "Adverse Weather Arrangement" on the website).
- Students can refer to the "Adverse Weather Arrangement" on the website.
- All lessons cancelled due to the adverse weather will not be compensated (Courses held in PLK Siu Hon Sum Primary School swimming pool will have 1 compensation lesson if there are 2 lessons are cancelled in one semester).
- No compensation lessons will be offered for students who are absent from lessons due to the personal decision if the lessons are still continuing under the rules of the Club of adverse weather.
- If the swimming course meets the requirement of the specified number of lessons, there will be a swimming course progress assessment.
- Upon completion of the assessment, students will be given a progress report in order to understand their progress.
- Students can also apply for a swimming certificate, used to prove the swimming level of the students.
- Please refer to the "Terms and Conditions" on the website for detailed assessment arrangements.
- If students want to know their own swimming progress, you can refer to the progress reports.
- The swimming certificate is a more convenient way to prove the swimming ability of students, as the Club cooperated schools have great understanding of the Club's "10 Level Swimming Progress Chart"
- The Club emphasizes that it is not necessary to apply for a swimming certificate. Nor does it mean the contents of the certificate must be recognized by any organization.
- Coaches teach swimming in accordance with the "10 Level Swimming Progress Chart", even students with different abilities, coaches can teach different contents in the same course.
- Coaches will also advise students of the similar level to switch to the swimming course at the same time slot to enhance the teaching efficiency.
- Coaches will also recommend students with the potentials to take part in the Swimming Team Prep Courses or higher level courses and receive intensive training.